Spend a few minutes getting to know Norm Graves – our knowledgeable and dedicated Sales Consultant.
1. How long have you been in the business? How did all this start?
I first started my journey in the housing industry when i commenced my carpentry apprenticeship in 1965. I seemed to be interested in all aspects of construction from an early stage, and this led into the inception of Norfolk Homes in 1989 – so we’ve been building for a while now!
3. What do you think Norfolk does differently?
At Norfolk Homes, we’ve always had a passion for pursuing energy efficient and sustainable housing solutions. The Norfolk point of difference is fundamental to a sensible, smart approach to design.
4. What is something that most people forget to think about when building a home?
Often such a simple factor such as orientation of the home on the building site is not afforded due consideration. This can affect things like where the sun comes in through the house at which times, but more importantly – the overall energy efficiency of the home.
5. Are there any projects you’ve been involved in that you’re particularly proud of?
Overall I have derived enormous satisfaction from almost all projects i have been involved in – especially when optimal thermal efficiency has been achieved through good design. I’ve been involved in hundreds of house builds over the years and it’s hard to pick just one.
6. Where do you think building trends are heading at the moment?
Moving forward, I think it is an exciting time for the housing industry in Australia. With the availability of advanced building techniques and more natural earth elements being accepted, we’ll likely see trends leaning to a good balance between sophistication and relaxed living.
7. When you’re not working, what are you doing?
Away from the housing industry, I enjoy spending quality time with the family, home cooked meals with a glass of wine and some chilled music!